SMART Technical certifications
Certifications you can attain:
- SMART Factory Trained Technician
- SMART Factory Trained Installer
- SMART Certified Technical Trainer
What is a SMART Factory Trained Technician (SFTT)?
SMART Factory Trained Technicians have invested the time to acquire the knowledge and skills they need to effectively support end users and comfortably troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on the SMART Board 600 or 800 series interactive whiteboard and accessories. SMART Factory Trained Technicians have completed a rigorous training program that tests their technical aptitude.
Training content includes:
- Detailed component description: learn about the separate components of the SMART Board interactive whiteboard and SMART UF projector.
- Theory and operation: gain detailed insight into how SMART products work.
- Servicing: diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Installation and connection: learn how to install the product and understand common connection issues.
- Accessories: learn how to install and service interactive whiteboard accessories.
- Troubleshooting: learn troubleshooting tips to resolve common issues.
What is a SMART Factory Trained Installer (SFTI)?
SMART Factory Trained Installers have invested the time to acquire the knowledge and skills they need to make informed decisions about installation options, connections and troubleshooting - all while working from a safety-first perspective. SMART Factory Trained Installers have completed a rigorous training program that tests their technical aptitude.
Training content includes:
- Safety and planning: learn what is required to complete safe installations. Topics include site surveys, tool and hardware requirements, installation processes and procedures.
- Construction: learn about the installation process. Topics include preparing for construction, proper use of tools and hardware, installation techniques for different types of walls, installation stages and clean-up requirements.
- Extension options: learn about the extension options SMART offers, including how to implement them. Topics include plenum space, cabling and USB specification and theory.
- SMART Board interactive whiteboard and projectors: Learn about the SMART Board interactive whiteboard, and SMART UF and UX series projectors. Topics include technical information, maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and contacting SMART technical support.
For more information, or to book a session, please contact:
*Onsite delivery doesn’t include travel expenses and will be an additional fee & Min 5 people for onsite availability
**SMART Factory Trained Technician can be taken as a non-certification course