Quick facts and stats
- SMART Technologies was founded in 1987 by David Martin and Nancy Knowlton, who now serve as Chairman and Vice Chair, respectively, on SMART’s Board of Directors. SMART’s President and CEO is Neil Gaydon
- In 2012, SMART’s share in the interactive display product category was just under 35 percent globally – more than two-and-a-half times greater than its nearest individual competitor. In North America, SMART’s 2012 product category share was over 66 percent – more than three times greater than its nearest competitor*
- SMART's annual revenue for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, was US$589.4 million
- More than 2.6 million SMART Board® interactive whiteboards have been installed globally in education, business and government settings, with over 2.3 million installed in K–12 classrooms, reaching more than 40 million students and their teachers
- SMART Notebook™ collaborative learning software has been downloaded by more than six million users in over 175 countries around the world
- Over 65,000 digital resources are available on the SMART Exchange™ website, SMART’s online community for educators. There are over 48 country-specific versions of the site, and SMART Notebook lessons are available for download in 23 languages
- More than 175 Fortune 1000 organizations in North America have adopted SMART’s visual collaboration solutions, including more than 45 of these companies moving toward broader adoption. International customers include Audi AG, British Telecom, CISCO, GE, Microsoft, SCANHealth, C2, Cundle, Ernst & Young, NASA, and Turner Construction to name a few
- In addition to being a Silver Competency Managed Partner with Microsoft, SMART is one of the 11 Global Technology Partners within the Microsoft® Technology Centers (MTC) Alliance Program. SMART also has corporate alliances with Alcatel-Lucent and Cisco®
- SMART Room System® for Microsoft Lync® is now shipping globally as a turnkey solution for meeting rooms that simplifies the collaboration experience for both virtual and face-to-face participants and provides seamless online collaboration through sharing of real-time video, voice and data.
- More than 125 blue-chip (Fortune 500) companies in over 50 countries around the world are using SMART’s visual collaboration solutions in industries such as financial services, manufacturing and advanced technology
- SMART Technologies Headquarters is located in Calgary, Canada, with international offices in Germany, France, the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Colombia, India, China and Singapore. The company has U.S. offices in Washington, DC, and New York City. SMART has approximately 1,000 staff around the world
- SMART Technologies Headquarters achieved LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold standard certification for its numerous green features and implementation of outstanding environmentally sound practices in manufacturing, packaging and work practices
* Source: Futuresource Consulting – a leading global research company that has tracked interactive whiteboard shipments since 2000. For more information, please visit futuresource-consulting.com.