Choose technology that removes barriers.
SMART solutions help teachers increase access and engagement for all learners. Our interactive displays and learning software come equipped with tools that give access and voice to all learners.
We’re proud to make learning exciting and robust for students with diverse needs. Our product design is grounded in Universal Design for Learning with features to promote student engagement, representation, and expression.Work with us
Features to know about
Our Tool Explorer platform bridges physical objects with digital learning. Magic pens, cubes, stamps, and highlighters are automatically recognized by the display, so students can organically and independently explore and display learning.
Some reasons why accessibility-minded educators love Tool Explorer:
Open the doors to learning with features that invite everyone to jump in
Connected student devices
SMART has always built products that support accessibility and promote social and academic participation for ALL students.
Upper Canada District School Board
More ways to learn
Give students the choice to interact with their learning in a way that works for them, whether physically interacting with the board and tools, or engaging and participating with the class from personal devices.
- Tool Explorer stamps facilitate aided language instruction and digitally represent abstract ideas on the display.
- Digital Manipulatives support learning by modeling and allow students to physically demonstrate learning, without relying on language as a primary communication tool.
SMART design matters
We’ve designed our products with a full set of tools to give teachers endless options for keeping students’ interest, differentiating instruction, and ensuring accessibility. Our intuitive design minimizes distractions to keep the focus on learning, not technology.
- Teachers can focus attention with the Magic Pen.
- Lumio uniquely allows the transition between teacher and student pacing as well as allowing students to move back and forth through a lesson, allowing students to work at the pace best suited to their needs.
- Lumio supports personalized learning with a variety of activity types, including games and graphic organizers. Personalized feedback helps support self-regulated learning.
More ways to learn with SMART
We believe in elevating student voices, so we offer flexible ways for students to participate and show learning. Students can choose the pace and place for learning that works best for them and can collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously with their peers, empowering every student to share their thoughts and ideas.
- Students can view and interact with content from either the front-of-room display or on their individual devices to best suit their needs and learning preferences.
- Instant Brainstorming with Shout It Out and Whole Class Whiteboard activities provide all students in the classroom an equal voice in class discussions.