An exciting and important update to SMART Notebook® is available. To ensure your data remains safe, SMART Notebook is implementing new safeguards to protect you and your students.
Make sure to update to SMART Notebook 23 by 31 December 2023 to avoid potential disruption and receive best-in-class security updates. Continuously offering security updates is crucial for technology users, even more so for educators and students. With SMART, you can confidently feel that you and your data remains safe. Learn more about our commitment to privacy and security here.
Upgrading is FREE and simple. If you’re already an existing Notebook user, you have two ways to upgrade. Follow these steps to upgrade to Notebook 23:
- Open Notebook on your computer.
- Select ‘Help’ from the toolbar.
- Select ‘Check for updates and activation’.
- Follow the prompts to successfully download.
Additionally, and for new Notebook users, you can also download the new version of SMART Notebook here:
SMART is proud to continuously improve our products and make these upgrades available to you without fees or complicated processes. This upgrade provides:
- Better security including enhanced data protection as you continue to use the Notebook features you know and love.
- Optimised for 4K displays. SMART Notebook 23 is designed to work seamlessly with 4K displays, providing a crisp and clear visual experience. The canvas now has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which takes advantage of all the space available in most modern displays and projectors.
- No more watermark. You said it, we listened. Newer versions of Notebook will no longer have the Notebook watermark that appears while using SMART Notebook on a computer that’s not connected to a SMART Board interactive display. This makes it easier for those preparing SMART Notebook lessons at home and gives teachers the freedom to create and edit lessons how they want.
Notebook and Lumio work better together
If you’re looking to bring your Notebook lessons to student devices, you can upload Notebook lessons to Lumio.
With Lumio, you can easily turn your PDFs, Google Slides, PowerPoint, and Notebook files into engaging Lumio lessons with interactive activities, games, group workspaces, and formative assessment built right in. Lumio has everything you need to deliver engaging lessons and connect with your students in impactful ways.
Haven’t tried Lumio yet? Lumio is about to change the way you teach! Lumio is included with a SMART Learning Suite subscription, or you can try it for free to benefit from creation and collaboration tools that help students learn with and from each other, in or out of the classroom.
Please upgrade to SMART Notebook 23 by 31 December 2023, to stay aligned with best security practices.
Download the latest version of SMART Notebook today:
SMART Notebook 23 includes updates that may impact selected features included in previous versions. Please refer to SMART Notebook 23 release notes for more information.
REMINDER: If you do not update your software to SMART Notebook 23 by 31 December 2023, you may see an error message saying, "Trial period has expired" even if you have an active SMART Notebook Plus (SMART Learning Suite including Lumio) subscription.
Why do I need to upgrade my Notebook subscription?It is recommended that you upgrade to Notebook 23 by 31 December 2023 to avoid potential disruption and stay aligned with best security practices.
Will I lose my lessons that I currently have saved in Notebook?Lessons created with older versions of Notebook can still be opened in Notebook 23.
What happens if I choose not to upgrade to Notebook 23?If you are using Notebook version 21.0 or older, you will receive an error message each time you start Notebook that indicates that your trial has ended (even if you aren’t on a trial). In addition, if you have an active Notebook Plus (SMART Learning Suite) subscription, only selected Notebook Plus features will be unavailable.
Where can I go if I want more information about Notebook 23?